Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Summary

Rachel and I painted my living room this weekend, and I must say, we work quite well together. Its amazing how efficient I can be when I actually pull through. Saturday morning started off a little rough... I woke up, went back to sleep, woke up again and it was just way too nice outside to begin any type of indoor labor, so we decided to walk to Starbucks (its a block away, folks!). Well, Starbucks led to a little stroll around the park, which led to a full-on coffee picnic in the grass, which led to hunger, which led to sushi at Sake House... then we decided, what the hey, lets just walk through Five Points real quick to see what we may see. What did we see? A new store called Nest Living, for one. Expensive, but gorgeous. There is a post on Urban Jacksonville about it here, and the store website is here. We also shopped around in another one of my favorite neighborhood antique stores treasure chests, Fans & Stoves. Then, it was down to business. We finished in about 4 hours and it looks excellent (pictures to come).

So, over the weekend I had a lot of time to just sit in the apartment and reflect. I have a lot of work to do/things to buy (and minimal funds). But I composed a little list of priorities in order of importance.

Living Room
- curtains
- TV stand
- new light fixture for ceiling fan
- rug
- more DVD/book storage

Bathroom
- curtain/shade
- bath mat
- shelving/storage for toiletries
- new light fixture (vintage chandelier?)

Kitchen
- curtains
- curtain and hook for pantry doorway
- mats

My Bedroom
- curtains
- rug for vanity

Slowly, but surely.

1 comment:

jimmy jackson said...

Well your plans are good for this. You can still have a good information about curtains which i browsed from the internet, which can be helpful to you.