Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Coming right along...

Last night I had nothing to do, so I bit the bullet and took some pictures of the newly-painted living room. I normally like to procrastinate and/or tease, but I decided to be nice this time.


View from the porch door. I think the color looks really well with my stuff. I'm definitely going to change out a few things... The mantle isn't going to stay like that, most likely, and I want a new coffee table eventually. I was thinking maybe something kind of Hollywood Regency, similar to the ones in the following photos, but we'll see.




***



I'm really liking the color against the bright white trim and the dark wood furniture. I think with some random bursts of color on the wall, it'll all come together. I'd like to collect colorful art prints and arrange them on the wall above the desk here, or possibly above the couch. Here are a few images I've seen on other blogs that caught my eye. The first two are bedrooms, obviously, but its the same concept I'm imagining.



...and this last one is a little blurry, but I like the odd, cramped grouping. I found all of these on the Domino Magazine website in one of the Galleries.


***

Well, thats all for now. I have a couple other ideas for entries today, so check back later to see if I follow through!

Oh, and just for good measure, here's a picture of pup-pup!

1 comment:

molly said...

I LOVE LOVE those table! The gold one is amazing. I'd love to find something like that.

Also totally into that picture collage creeping down from the corner! So awesome.