Thursday, March 27, 2008

It takes me three weeks to move.

So I was going to wait until I could take some pictures to write another entry, but I just cannot contain myself. For those who know me, this is pretty typical... no self-control whatsoever.

I haven't been staying at the new place yet because I still need to either move my old mattress over, OR buy a new one. I'm holding out for my parents to decide its a good idea to buy me a mattress, but we'll see. Another flaw of mine: I am a major procrastinator. As my friend, Blanca says, "Why do today what you can do tomorrow?" So with that said, you can imagine how this moving process has been going. This past weekend my Dad came over and helped me get two large loads of furniture to the Fenimore. But we had to quit before we could finish because his back started bothering him. Then, last night my friend Maia came over and convinced me that I need to get it all done as soon as possible... so we carried I think 6 heavy boxes of my junk and loaded it into her car. Thanks, Maia! Now, all I have left at the old apartment is a desk, a vanity, my old mattress that hurts my grandma back, and all my clothes. I think I have someone to help me Saturday.

This brings me to the point of my post... new bedding! What better way to make sense of a crappy mattress than to cover it up and make it look pretty? I have had my eye on a few different duvet sets over the last few months, and yesterday, I noticed that one of my favorites had gone on sale. I thought about it for a second... I mean, its adorable and all, but do I really need bedding right now? I typed in all my credit card info, closed my eyes and clicked my mouse. After all, if you can't see what you're doing, are you really doing it? In addition, if I hadn't blindly trusted my motor skills at that moment, I wouldn't have this waiting on my doorstep in a few days...

Its the Essex Saffron duvet from DwellStudio, and I purchased it from Design Public, one of my favorite sites to "window shop" (they have free shipping for orders over $50! Can't go wrong with that). I think it will go quite nicely with my antique white lacquered furniture. Again, I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

Thats all for now, I guess. If you're lucky, I'll post again this afternoon.

2 comments:

maia said...

Your blog is so cute! ... and you even gave me "what, what!" ha!
you forgot to mention how baxter almost took his own life just to greet me.

you have the biggest, hippest, cutest pad in riverside. im sure of it.

ash said...

I can't wait to see pics of the new place! And yes, like Maia said, your blog is so cute.